Menu
VMILLER
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can i cancel? Do virgin care?

Hi All.
Been a customer for 6 months now with vivid 100 package broadband.
Since month 3 we have been struggling to watch iplayer/any stream service.
Spoke to customer service every month and the response I get is: "yes there is work going on in your area affecting speeds particularly at peak times" when we use it.
"OK we will give you a credit on your account" it's a start.
When asked how long it will take to finish the works and improve my speed I get an answer of 1/2 months.
Not good!
So after all this we still have slow speeds and today I was told it's another 30 days to wait....and the advisor saying he has resolved my call and done everything he can......
I have had enough.
The only credit I received was when speaking to onshore team. The offshore team put me on hold for 5 mins and confirm what I told them!!
So....
A. Can I cancel?
B. Do virgin care?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i cancel? Do virgin care?

Actually this enquiry is pretty simple to deal with and it's quite common when over-utilisation faults take ages to put right. The answer is yes you can cancel. You'll have to give 30 days notice and you will face early termination fees unless you can talk them out of it because of poor performance during the time you have been with VM. They should see that point very quickly. And do VM care? What does that matter. You want to go and you can.

Phone 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 4,5 (thinking of leaving) and discuss. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
VMILLER
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Howard.

Thanks for the reply.

I am happy to stay if the speed is improved asap so I can at least use it....
Not concerned or questioning the cost, but it's more the lack of care/concern from virgin with the issue in hand.
It must be effecting others also.
I am going to be heading to the virgin shop and see if they can assist more as the phone support is less than adequate.
Thanks again.
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fees will not apply if it is in a high utilised area, and its been happening for a long period of time, VM have a duty of care to provide you with up to a contracted speed, if in doubt make a formal complaint then take it it CISAS. VM share holders don't care, they are American and don't give two hoots Smiley Tongue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here in L12. Had to contact the Chief Executives office to try and get some answers.

What I've been told is there is an area issue in Liverpool that won't be resolved till Feb at the latest. This date has been put back on 3 occasions that I'm aware of so could be put back further again, I've heard a rumour it's now 10/05/2017

They send their engineers out in the morning when everyone is at work or in school so you get faster speeds when they are there. Then in the evening when people log on then it all drops again.

Currently I'm getting as low as 5mb and paying for 200mb. Awful service, wish I had never left Sky.

VMILLER
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,
I am responding via Wispire a company we use which utilises Virgin media into a hub then broadcasts it via church spires to my place of work in very rural Norfolk!
Odd how a large company is clearly treated better than little old me...
Sorry to hear its not just here in Norwich!
5mb seems pretty good...
I also left sky for this...I did however change back to Sky TV as the TIVO box was soooo slow and not at all user friendly for the family (Even if the ads so it is).
Look forward to going home to a large city and into my house with rural broadband speeds!
0 Kudos
VMILLER
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bartman,

Again it is more about the poor (lack of) interest or service with me.
Even National Rail can arrange to just upgrade lines at weekends and allow "normal" service at peak times...why can't Virgin?
I am happy to pay a good price for a service which is reliable.....
0 Kudos