Menu
Stamfordman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone explain what this means about a speed boost?

When I log into Virgin Media I see:

"Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…

Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 100Mbps to up to 150Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between November 2016 and November 2016"

I can't see any speed increase and there rather seems to be a a problem looking for it between the same month...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can anyone explain what this means about a speed boost?

You are due a speed boost although it may of been delayed. As the site is playing up, best bet to give them a call and see what's up.

The free boost to 150Mbs is just that, free. No new contract, no new costs. If they try boosting to 200Mbs, that's a new package and a new contract.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
cEvin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the " waiting list "Smiley Happy i got that message for about one year now and they only change the month on the web pageSmiley Happy)) i got that same now, so expecting in january it will be " look out for it between December 2016 and December 2016 " and the speed will be still horrible as it is since ive signed up to virginSmiley Happy)))))) i think that was a mistake Smiley Happy))
0 Kudos
Stamfordman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes my query was tongue in cheek - if I were really cynical I could say the endless promise is to stop you defecting but they could at least get the 'between' dates in some reasonable format. 

0 Kudos