Menu
charlesm186
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Cable my Street

We live on a street nr Wokingham in Berkshire with poor broadband ( 2mb or less ). BT will not commit to sort this out until 2018. There are approx 30 houses. If all 30 of us register for cable my street what chance is there of this happening before 2018. What is the threshold for cable my street - is 30 houses enough? How quickly would it happen

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable my Street

Hi charlesm186

Thanks for popping by and for joining the community Smiley Happy

There are many factors that influence the chances of your street/area/ being considered for the Cable My Street initiative. The more people who sign up for this the more like it is that it will be considered.

Of course we have to look into how far away your homes are from the main network we have and how feasible it is to connect your area to that network so there is no hard and fast rules here as every area is different and there will be easier accessibility to some areas over others for a myriad of reasons.

If you'd like me to take a look into whether or not the area is being considered currently, then just pop back to me on the pm I'm sending to you that you can find in the purple envelope up on the top of the forums.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
charlesm186
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Please can you send me another 75 cable my street flyers. I have started delivering them and have run out

Please can you also send me a cable my street pdf so that we can put it online on local facebook pages

Thank you

Cllr ***********

RG40 ******

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi charlesm186

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

How many do you need? Just let me know and I'll arrange to get some to you.

Re the PDF, we can give you the link to the page and you can maybe create a PDF for now as we don't have flyers that size I can get to you just yet but if I can get hold of an online copy I'll let you know and attach it here for you.

I'll be in touch tomorrow re this for you Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
charlesm186
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Another 75 leaflets please

I am happy for you to send me the link to the page and I will try and make it into a pdf

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi charlesm186 Smiley Happy

I sent off 100 for you this morning as they come in packs of 50. I'm chatting with one of the Lightning liasons to see if we can arrange a PDG option for you or even get some posters sent to you if they have any.

Bad pun alert......I'll keep you 'posted'

:::grins:::

Speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
hansfordp
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How do I get some of these flyers sent to me? Thanks

0 Kudos
IreSaffa87
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi VM team,

I saw a recent community post where you helped user: charlesm186 look into whether or not his area was being considered in the near future for Cable My Street and subsequently sent him flyers to distribute to his neighbours.

Would you be able to look into my area too, please?

Post code: RG19 4RR

I know a bunch of neighbours have said they have registered on Cable My Street because we are all massively fed up with BT, their crappy service and their lies. (They confirmed to me that there are only 600 fibre ports available for Thatcham in the local exchange, when we have 10,000+ residential homes here).

I am regretting buying this house because I am not able to get Virgin Media, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi hansfordp

Thanks for popping by on this thread with your interest in having some leaflets for CMS and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

If you've not yet managed to procure some from our teams but have signed up to the site for us then please send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then arrange to send a pack to you. There are 50 leaflets per pack. Please let me know if you need more than one.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my profile link Karen_A
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi IreSaffa87

Thanks for dropping by with your post about the CMS works Smiley Happy

For me to look into this for you with our teams they ask that I take your full address details for them to check for you.

If you could drop back to me on a PM with your full address details, that would be fab Smiley Very Happy

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my profile link Karen_A
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team