Menu
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

CH44 - Internet Speed/Connection drops

I have contacted about this issue countless times, and the solutions are always temporary, I have completely lost my patience with this issue now. My internet is becoming a huge problem. I am paying for good services. and paying for 30mbs which has recently had a technician trying to solve the problem and upgraded it to "50"mbs... and so many times i have to call ATLEAST once a week. With the problem that the internet is either dropping and reconnecting constantly throughout the space of of an evening.  OR the internet speed goes down to a stupidly low speed. 1-3mbs.. It is getting completely out of order now how frequently i get this problem. I do not pay for consistant faulty services, i pay for full working services, and without the need to call up the Customer services every evening to fix the problem.

I know all about restarting my hub, blah blah Wired and wireless, seperate devices to make sure it's not my PC...

Everytime i call they "send signals" to my hub. and it fixes for about a day-week then AGAIN same problems i call again and they do the same.. I shouldn't be needing to call so often to get my internet to STAY stable. It's alot of money to be spending to get 90%-100% speed less than you pay for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: CH44 - Internet Speed/Connection drops

Hi Thyreth,

Sorry to hear you've had issues with the connection. One part of your post sticks out to me and that's that our phone agents 'send signals' every time you call and this gets it working temporarily. The only thing we can do remotely is to change your wireless channels for you or reboot the hub. Are you connecting only via wireless? If so then the easiest way to deal with this is to try different wireless channels for yourself until you find the one that works best. If this is the same over wired let us know and we'll look further into this for you. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Again, i have tried changing the wireless channels. i have tried a wired connection. But i always end up with bad internet speeds. i have repeatedly contacted and mentioned this. But the solutions are always temporary and im starting to loose patience on how frequently i have to call/contact and get this problem fixed over and over again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thyreth,

Thanks for clarifying those points Smiley Happy

I'm afraid there's a utilisation issue on your cable, this will affect the speeds, but mostly during peak times.  The fault reference is F003357217, further channels are needed to improve the utilisation, the current review date is 25/03/2015.

I've noted this on your account, give us a call on 150 free from a VM line, or 0345 454 1111 and we'll be able to credit for loss of service.  Give us a bump here any time you'd like a further update.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Once again, i give them a call and once AGAIN, all that has happened. They send "signals" to fix the problem. which is exactly what the problem is. they send the signals which becomes a temporary fix and again TEMPORARY fix.

I give them the reference code. No credit for loss. And no fix. I am still paying for services i am not fully getting.

I don't need temporary fixes, or to be calling everday to get it fixed temporarily fixed. I pay for fully working services and not once yet have i had that, it's like a broken record. "i sent signals... is your speed ok now." How many times am i going to have to repeat myself over and over on the phone. It works TEMPORARILY.  And the most recent phone call was exact same sending signals, after being told that is a temporary fix and i end up needing to call again with the next day or so.. The woman then just hangs up on me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thyreth,

I'm sorry you've had that experience over the phone again, that's certainly far from the service we pride ourselves on.

My recommendation would be to speak with Customer Services regarding the credit, I have clearly noted the issue and the affects of it on your account, so there should be no issue.  I'll add another note regarding this post, if you have any trouble please just ask them to look at the latest note from Kevin.

Kev

0 Kudos
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media have become the worst service I have ever encountered.

This year has been just awful. Since I moved the utilisation has been a problem since December. And it took them months to finally tell me the actual problem WAS utilisation issues.

Then they said itd be fixed in March, then after March my first phonecall said it was fixed but there's another issue for 24hours, 24hours later the I'm told the utilisation wasn't fixed and now have to wait until end of July. So that problem means for 12month contract... The first 8months of that I'm not getting what I pay for ( and that's if the finally fix the problem).

After these issues being addressed I've been told I'll be discounted for the problems. Which for one month I do get discounted. But then the next month I'm overcharged MORE than me actual monthly fees contracted.

So I'm call to tell them I'm overcharged when it's meant to be discounted never mind charging me more than my original contract price.

They apologise "fix it" take the money "off" my next month. Then the month after over charge AGAIN.

I'm am literally not getting discounted at all. I have had 8months of no service. And being charged full price for it overall, just because they pay me less one month. Then more the next they're saying its "discounted"

The is seriously getting out of order now. Not one problem is actually being solved and for the 8months I've been messed around. I WOULD BE CHARGED a cancellation fee. But what would I be being charged for. Im not getting the services I pay for.

They say the issues being seen to but it's not. They say I'm being credited for it. But I'm not. They just overcharge me the following month.
0 Kudos
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update on this post that i made..

This problem started in December 2014, Where i was then told this problem would be fixed March 2015, Then July 2015, Then March 2016... and then July 2016... why is this company still advertising their services in this area. They cannot handle what the customers they have now. They can't fix the problem they've have over a year now, and they still take on more and more customers and don't tell anyone that when they pay for atleast "50mbps" they wont get that they'll be lucky to get 4mbs, and the Fact they just keep extending these problems time and saying "itll be fixed then". **bleep** am i paying for? i pay this company for BROADBAND, and it's about time we get what we pay for.

Also surely this is illegal and false advertisement, offering a service you cannot provide!

0 Kudos
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Further updates, it's now January 2017... Guess what!? This "Utilisation" problem is still a very known problem and once again being told summer 2017. it will be fixed. It is hilarious how badly they promise and offer.. Especially considering they still come door to door in my road and in this area, with complete knowledge that they cannot provide the services they are offering to your face. Pretty sure Ofcom need to get involved in this problem, becuase it's been nearly 3 years now of the same problem, but no fix, all whilst they increasingly advertise to customers they will provide the best service.
0 Kudos