Menu
trapale
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broken promises on speed

Over the past years Virgin keep saying faster broadband coming to you soon what a load of rubbish .They just keep delaying this no reason . I have been with Virgin for years now but not for much longer can't trust them to uphold what they promise.

0 Kudos
stuboyz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken promises on speed

I just found out the 200Mbit line I've been paying for since Jan 2016 is no better than a 50Mbit line in almost every way.  My bad for not being so diligent.  I wouldn't hold your breath; even when they do finally upgrade you your unlikely to notice the difference anyway!

It's about time I stopped paying so much for so little.....

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

VM are promoting/obsessed with these high headline speeds to drawn in customers to a service that in many areas they can't possibly hope to provide because of "utilisation" (over-subscription, to you and I). Most people never bother to check that they're actually receiving the speeds they were promised. That, coupled with VM's economy with the truth over broadband speeds when you sign up/renew contracts, means that the issues are only going to get worse not better. For example, I read on this forum today that someone with a utilisation fault would not see a review (not a fix) until mid-December!

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there trapale,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry there has been a delay in the speed upgrade.

Looking at this website > Speed Upgrade, I can see that this will be ready between May and July 2017.

We can check this nearer the time and when it is ready, I can put this through for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rancid
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

JPL8 wrote:

For example, I read on this forum today that someone with a utilisation fault would not see a review (not a fix) until mid-December!

i know.....
its almost as if they have got tired of trying to maintain the lie

Area 21 SW16 crap speeds for 12+ Months... current fault F004332018, Complaint COM101113771 Ignored, VM code of conduct Ignored... Avoid VM at all costs
0 Kudos
trapale
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The same story that I was given in 2016. Which was then later delayed till the latter half of 2016, then early 2017, now mid 2017. Sounds like you never intend to give any speed upgrades at all.

0 Kudos
WezXL
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Beginning to think it will never happen.

0 Kudos
trapale
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Now it's between July and Sepember doubt I'll be a customer then
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator