Menu
Oscargps9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Hello .....yes broadband....its only ever broadband. Very very slow again and router drops out and keeps rebooting at least 20 times a night. When it comes back speed is around 2 .....utter rubbish. Seems to behappening more and more. Anyone else got issues? Im in area 3.

I ask for a test to be done online and comes back as ok.....well it will wont it as I cant get on line to ask them to do it when its down!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
Oscargps9
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After it dropped out for the 9th time this evening I phoned Virgin. It came back when I was on the phone and I ran another speedtest. Download very poor. The lady said there are too many things connected to the broadband. There are only 2 wired to router and laptops, phones, sonos etc only connect when on(There is obviously a limit of 4) . So I reset router and disconnect everything except the laptop Im typing this on. Speedtest shown. Dropped out again typing this message. I can not log into the routet using ip ....keeps showing as connection timed out

Fastest its been tonightFastest its been tonight

0 Kudos
Oscargps9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So finally managed to log on....network log not helpful as router was reset. By the way current speed according to speedtest is 1.1.....!!

upstream.jpgdownstream.jpgnetwork log.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Power levels are high but within spec. SNR is low, but again within spec.

Wait for staff to get a look, and run some diagnostics their end.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oscargps9,

Sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds and drop outs. I've checked your connection from here as well as the stats you've posted and can see that there is a contention fault in the area under ticket F004659000. This will explain the poor speeds and is due for review 22/03/17. Other than that the power levels don't look too healthy and will need a technician to visit. I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this. You can see your private messages by clicking the envelope at the top of the page.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Oscargps9
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So an engineer attended ...said my hub was from the dark ages and not working properly....he fitted a new superhub 3. Had to wait a while for the walled garden but its up and running now. Cheers guys.....this is a bit of a difference.

speed.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oscargps9, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am glad to see things are looking better for you now. 

If you do need us to take a look at the connection in the future we will be more than happy to do so. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos