Menu
jontats
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

I have 50meg Broadband package. I am getting very annoyed with the service you provide, for the last week my speed has not gone more than 3.5mbps, in fact for the entire term of the contract my broadband has never achieved the speed im paying for. Also now i see i am paying a 33% more than a new customer for the same package.

I am thinking of cancelling due to the lousy service you are providing. Please can you tell me why you lie so much about the speeds that can be achieved from your broadband packages.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
TimR
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband

A warm welcome to the ( congested ) world of Virgin Mediocre :-)

Struggling VM BB [Over Utilisation Fault, Fix date 17th November 2135 ]
VM Telephone
Sky Q UHD Multiscreen

All Replies
Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Im not sure if you are checking your speed wireless or through ethernet but the only way to get a true reading is through an ethernet cable. I would connect your computer up to the hub and check your speed, if you are getting full speed then you know its a wireless issue and then you can make some changes to the hub to try and improve things.

0 Kudos
jontats
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help, but i have a wired connection to my laptop. The service is just rubbish, i can understand a drop in speed at peak hours. but last night i was getting fater upload speeds than download. and at £33 a month its just ridiculous.

0 Kudos
TimR
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A warm welcome to the ( congested ) world of Virgin Mediocre :-)

Struggling VM BB [Over Utilisation Fault, Fix date 17th November 2135 ]
VM Telephone
Sky Q UHD Multiscreen
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey jontats,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this is irritating.

I've just taken a look and I'm sorry to report that we are working on a fault in your area under ref: F002806680 which is due to be reviewed on the 29th March. While this is on-going your speeds maybe reduced, especially during peak time hours caused by the high demand for our services in your area.

I know this isn't the news you were hoping for, please accept my apologies and let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos