Menu
jdp777
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Hello,

I am about ready to complain to Virgin as find the service appalling for the money I am paying. Nobody has apologised, offered any compensation and yeah a joke. And now my Christmas was spoiled by this so well done Virgin.

I am paying for upto 200mbps.

I have issues with the broadband; keeps cutting out over and over and when it does work then getting speeds at 10mbps. Upload speeds are higher than download.

Yes I am a wireless user but seriously; that doesn't mean I get ridiculous speed.

I have phoned Virgin numerous times in last 2 weeks;

* told an engineer would need to come fix issue directly and that was initially booked for 19th.
* had to re-phone and request engineer come on 21st. I was told it was moved.
* then got a text to confirm it was cancelled as problem with network found in area.
* speeds then dropped to ludicrous so I phoned again other day and was told that I had numerous devices connected wireless and that would be problem. I asked about why I did not get a visit from engineer if still issues and was advised the move of engineer visit to 21st was not done. Got speeds back to around 35-40mbps while on phone with Virgin but soon as ended, speeds returned to 5-10mbps and this was after moving things to wired to reduce amount of devices on wireless.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

"Yes I am a wireless user" have you tested on a wired connection?
0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

Sounds like the classic 'over utilisation' scam virgin are running all over the country, not everyone is effected but they have a new slogan now 'coming to a network near you soon!'

They did the same to me when i thought there was a genuine honest fault after phoning support they canceled the arranged engineer each and every time with no explanation. I think their system picks up on the 'fault' and stops any visits to save them a few quid.

Am on 200mbps but get between 1-5mbps during the times any sane person would want to use the internet..

Setup a thinkbroadband quality meter (BQM) it will show you that from around 4pm-130am its shocking..  They will string you along that its when the kids come home from school but kids have been off school all week here and its still the same time my connection goes pants..

Wish you the best of luck but some on here have been suffering years..the 'fault' in my area is 1 year old in January!

0 Kudos