Menu
Martin_a55
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband very slow

Hi

I have just had 50mb broadband installed. Running speeds are very inconsistent. Today it has been running at an impossibly slow 3-4mb. It is this speed in all rooms of house, including the room with the router. I don't expect it to be 50mb but I would expect a consistent 20-30mb speed. Can you help?
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband very slow

peek times is weekends and peek times in weekdays is 4pm to like 1am they know the problem they working on it its been reported with everyone it can take over a year to sort out

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband very slow

Hi Martin_a55,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too low at -8 dBmV and for this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details. 

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F002977692 and with a review date of 14th December.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos