Menu
L8ton123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband upgrade

Hi there not sure if this is the right board but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
I upgraded my 50mb to 100mb the other day and the girl on the phone said it could take up to a few hours so I waited and did a speed check before bed it was still just under 50mb. I've checked my package on my virgin media and that has changed this morning however I've run another speed check this morning and it's still the same 50mb.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so how long did it take for the upgrade to apply ?
Thanks in advanced for any help
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband upgrade

sometimes rebooting the router helps becuse it have to sync to new speeds

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
L8ton123
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, Ye I tried this a few times the other day too and this morning and as yet to work, I think the best bet is to give them a call I think.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi L8ton123,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are not achieving the up to 100 Mbps broadband speeds after upgrading.

I've managed to locate your account and I can see the correct package has been activated on your account. However the downstream power levels are too high and I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

I did also notice a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004227847 and with a review date of 30th November.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos