Menu
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Broadband supply

when will the open outage F004677389 high utilisation downstream be fixed,broadband Is generally below 20 meg and I pay for 200.This has been going on since August 2016, any moderators give me an answer to this.

0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband supply

I am not bothered where you move it to the answer I want is how much longer is this going on.I thought this was a general question as the v6 relies on broadband.I reckon putting me out of the way won't give me the answer I am looking for

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Over utilization generally takes at least a year from its report date to be fixed. Some cases are around two years and more.

I assume it was moved as it's a question on over utilization/speed rather than something specific on the v6's operation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As the V6 relies on broadband I thought it was a fair question to post in the general questions area.I have Netflix and amazon and have a Sony 4k tv which are at most times unable to supply 4k and he because of low broadband speed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thecatshome,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I have checked the high peak time traffic fault (F004677389) and the review date is showing as 5th April.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Seeing as the fix date is only two weeks away someone should know if this has been sorted.Nine months of this is enough.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's not a fix date - it's a review date only.

Don't want you to be deluded into thinking it's a fix date.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is anybody able to give me some idea when this is to fixed,the edge for me was Virgin broadband was (i thought)better than sky could provide and thats why I renewed my contract with Virgin.I would have thought seeing how long this issue has been going on someone from Virgin would have told me about it,I only found out about it from someone else with this problem after I renewed my contract.I complained to Virgin and only then did they offer some help.As I though the outage problem would be resolved in April I have stayed with Virgin and now it looks like it might go on for another 12 months.As Virgin are not able to give me what it says on my contract I now am considering terminating my contract I have been with Virgin for 14 years and was wondering where I stand about terminating.please give me your opinion.

0 Kudos
tommey
Well-informed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thecatshome wrote:

Is anybody able to give me some idea when this is to fixed,

Hi Thecatshome,

Nobody will ever be able to give you an actual fix date, I have been waiting since December 2014 yes 2014 it really is not a typo.

I have now had 11 review dates and in all honesty I DO NOT expect a fix time anytime this year and even if it does one day get fixed and I begin to receive acceptable speeds during ping times I would imagine it would last long until it all starts again once VM increase speeds again...

My advice if you can get alternative FIBRE products get it because waiting for a fix from VM will just result in unwanted stress and review date followed by review date.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

This is the poor quality of my Superhub 3 connection Smiley Sad
My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

- First reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 -    - Review 01/05/15 - Review 12/08/15 - Review 14/10/15 - Review 04/11/15 - Review 15/04/16 - Review 06/07/16 - Review 31/09/16 - Review 30/11/16 - Review 15/02/17 - Review 12/07/17 - Review 20/09/17 - Review 14/06/17 - Review 10/01/18 - Review 25/04/18 - F004670584 << 3 YEARS+ 

But with BT Fibre I can actually game without lag Smiley Very Happy
My Broadband Ping - BT FIBRE 80/20

0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have been a virgin media customer for 14 years and I do prefer them to sky but the broadband supply to me is poor.What with 4k and HD TVs Virgin is lacking behind in its content that it is able to supply,this may convince me to leave.I have spoken to retensions and have decided to wait until April 5 and see if they have sorted the problem.

0 Kudos