Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2 (74 Views)

Broadband stability issues and speeds

Hi,

For some time my connection appears to have been getting more and more unstable to the point where web pages are taking multiple attempts to load e.g the first request just keeps trying as though the connection has stalled, and upon retry it will load.

This happens for many websites and is not just a one off occurrence. I occasionally stream catch up TV etc using a wired connection from the router to TV, this also randomly stalls in the middle of programs / content and sometimes degrades the streaming quality mid program as though the connection is having issues. This is also not isolated to just one service.

The management interface on the router also stops responding and the only way to get it back is to reboot the router. I believe my hardware is pretty much stone age right now as I am an existing customer so never been offered any upgrade without having to pay much more than I already am (new customers will be paying less than me when their offer period ends with the latest and greatest hardware).

I have been satisfied with Virgin Media for many years previously but since getting this connection I have had multiple engineer visits due to issues which ultimately come back over time even worse. I inherited a second hand install to the house which appears to have a joint repair in the garden for my phone line and I have no idea about the cabling itself for the TV / broadband. I am slowly losing confidence with the service due to all these issues.

Please can someone run a check on my connection to see if there are any issues on there? If there aren't can the hardware please be investigated as it has been installed for a very long time (given the management interface stops responding I am wondering if there may be issues there).

Thanks in advance.

Mike

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 2 (33 Views)

Re: Broadband stability issues and speeds

Please ignore this for now. I called VM to have this looked at.

Thanks
Mike
0 Kudos