Menu
petebrown8
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speeds

Hi can any one tell me why I am getting no where near 200 mb which I what I am being fleeced for my current speed 75mb
I expect a drop in the speed during peak times but this is all the time and not by this much
Some day it can be as low as 35mb
I have called in the guys restarted and rebooted so on and so forth but still no improvement
We are new customers to virgin and moved from sky and starting to wish I never had
When the engineer first installed I did a speed test for the first few weeks and sure enough it was 200 give or take 10

Any clues people I can be speaking to the service team every time the household want to stream
0 Kudos
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds

An overloaded network
0 Kudos
Iain_mack
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ive been given a super hub 3 and i'm on 200 mb but i seem to only get about 80 tops on a speed test

the speed doesn't bother me but i'm not getting what i was sold and paying for it also looks like there is a lot of people getting slow speeds

0 Kudos
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully and eventually there will be an industry wide broadband mis-selling case like the PPI one and VM will finally be held to account for ripping people off. Show some teeth Ofcom.
0 Kudos
DUGZBOZ
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed issues identified as caused by Windows 10 Update KB3209498

I have been having issues with slow speeds over the last week or so and have identified the fault as being caused by flash player.
The issue is native to windows 10 PC/Laptops and not ones that are upgraded from Windows 7 that use the full adobe flash player, only affects browser inbuilt flash player. When running speed test on www.speedtest .net with browsers with inbuilt flash I get speeds of 40-70Mbps (Edge/IE/Chrome). If I uninstall Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB3209498) and run speedtest again on Edge or IE I then get 300Mbps. I also have a network adapter that shows the speeds and this shows the same speed as the speedtest with and without the update which means that flash is throttling the speeds.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Remove the adobe flash player update and run speed test again

3.jpg

Windows will re-download the update but Microsoft have a tool that hides windows 10 updates and doesn't re-download the update 

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

0 Kudos
petebrown8
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well this Wednesday I called again as I only had 6meg to be told there is an issue and wont be fixed till the 6 of Feb
Come on Virgin **bleep**!!!
I asked for the customer complaints team to call me back as I was not happy I was being fleeced for something I am paying for and not getting

Guess what I still haven't had the call!!

Under the new guide line for complaint for business all have to have a resolution within 48 hours

I am sick of it breach in contract spring to mind
0 Kudos