Menu
smoggiematt
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speeds slower than ever.

Virgin say they have upgraded the speeds upto 200 mbs. when i joined up with virgin a year ago i was getting amazing speeds and now the speeds have dropped to anywhere between 30-45 mbs. Has anybody else had the same problems? i have done everything the internet says to increase speeds but nothing has changed.any ideas guys?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds slower than ever.

Hey there smoggiematt,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing. I've tried to test your equipment, but I can't locate your account. Please drop me a PM confirming your name and address so I can investigate further.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi smoggiematt, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the information provided. 

I hope you don't mind me picking this thread up Heather is currently out of office. 

I have taken a look and the connection looks ok from this side. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? If wireless try wired pop the Hub into Modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. Let us know if it makes a difference. 

It may also help to see a BQM so we get a better idea of what you are seeing from your side. (please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

Speak to you soon Smiley Happy

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Canberksahin
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hey smoggiematt i believe most people are getting terrible slow broadband speeds at the moment, including myself i am getting roughly 0.10 mbps download and my upload is roughly around 5mbps. i called up the technicians and support line they said the problem is not on my line however it is a problem out of the technicians reach is what i was told. they also mentioned that the estimated fix time for my area was september 2017. i then later tweeted at virgin media and they said that possibly that the cables need upgrading in which they then tweeted at me saying that they need permission to dig up the street and that takes time apparently. in short pretty sure most of the customers are getting slow speeds. hopefully that helped
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Canberksahin, 

Welcome to the forums,  I am sorry to see you are also having trouble with your speeds.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005007812 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 06 SEP 2017. Please give this thread a bump closer to the time in relation to this fault. 

Additionally I can see that there is a Large number of T4 time outs as well as high upstream power levels. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at that for you as it will not be helping your speeds outside of peak hours. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos