Menu
deanchapman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speeds in Bromley

I am starting to lose patience with the ever-increasing cost of Virgin Media Broadband predicated on the promise of ever-increasing speeds.  The reality is that we just cannot rely on VM Broadband. Yes I can get my 50Mb at 03:00am, but try to use it at peak times and it is often hopeless.

So I do understand that my 50Mb is unlikely to be possible at peak times, but only 0.5Mb is rather a poor show and the fact that VM just keep on hiking the price based on a theoretical 'higher-speed' service just irritates me.. I feel I am being fleeced because VM just seem to be guilty of greedily overselling their core capacity by extending to too many subscribers at ever-increasing (promised) speeds.

I want one of two resolutions:  1. A halt to the price hikes and a reduction in cost commensurate to the second-rate service VM can deliver.   Or 2. Cancel my VM contract and get my Broadband from a service provider who has performed some fit-for-purpose capacity planning and can deliver a service of acceptable quality.

I would welcome a reply from any VM representative

0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds in Bromley

Well good luck getting this resolved. I have been waiting since Late 2014 for my utilization issue to be resolved. My last post which lists all the other posts chasing Smiley Tongue

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-Speed-Yet-Again-BR4-Area/m-p/3087542

Every date has been pushed back, Apparently I'm quoted August..... Pigs will fly Smiley Tongue

You should be able to call up and get some cash deducted from the bill if it's due to a utilization issue.

All this week I have had upto 500ms latency and Between 2-6mb Down during peak times from a 100mb connection

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi deanchapman,

I'm really sorry to hear about the slow speeds you've been experiencing.

I've had a look at your account and I can see that you are currently affected by two separate faults.

One is related to a high demand for our service in your area, which is what's causing the slow speeds.

The ticket reference for this fault is F003259558, with a review date of 03/08/2016.

The other issue concerns SNR, which would cause intermittent connection.

The fault reference for this is F004603992, with a review date of today, 20/07/2016.

I will check back later to ensure the ticket for this closes. If the review date gets extended, I will let you know.

In regards to the high peak time traffic fault, another team will be in contact via private message to discuss this with you further.

Once again, I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Catch you in a bit,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi deanchapman,

Thanks for your patience in waiting for my update.

Following my last post I have checked the ticket regarding the SNR issue and the review date has been extended to the 27th of July. 

As mentioned previously as well, another member will be in touch with you shortly via private message to discuss the high peak time traffic fault with you.

Thanks again,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
pgpg
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes, same ongoing Bromley problem here.

Told today that fix for utilisation will probably be DEC 2016 after calling. Also broadband service has been completely down quite a bit in Bromley area over last 2 weeks (today and yesterday included) and confirmed by Virgin Service status page.

Be great if someone from Virgin could just give an honest answer so we can all make the best decision as to what to do next.

Thanks

Update - PS, forgot to say thanks to all the members who have posted regarding the "Bromley problem" :-) 

0 Kudos
xLewisx
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

pgpg wrote:

Hi

Yes, same ongoing Bromley problem here.

Told today that fix for utilisation will probably be DEC 2016 after calling. Also broadband service has been completely down quite a bit in Bromley area over last 2 weeks (today and yesterday included) and confirmed by Virgin Service status page.

Be great if someone from Virgin could just give an honest answer so we can all make the best decision as to what to do next.

Thanks

Update - PS, forgot to say thanks to all the members who have posted regarding the "Bromley problem" :-) 

Be prepared for it to be postponed into 2017. That is very common with VM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi pgpg,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also affected by a similar issue under the fault ticket reference of F003389984, with a review date currently set for 14/12/2016.

I have passed your details on to another team, who will be in contact to discuss this with you further.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
pgpg
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nat_J

Do you know when/how they will contact me?

Also keen to know why I have had so many probs during last few weeks with losing internet access - down again as I write this.

Appreciate your feedback.

0 Kudos
deanchapman
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

And so it goes on, promises and notifications of faults being corrected.

Last night around 21:30 as we were attempting to watch some internet TV, the all too familiar buffering problems made it simply impossible to use.  What sort of speed on a speed-test I wondered.... 0.2Mbps is all I could get.  This is absolutely hopeless. I know it's peak time and all that but in my world of IT Service Delivery, we test for, and ensure we can accommodate, the peaks without significant impact to service levels.

This is all rather laughable as I now read that my link is going from 50Mbps to 70Mbps next year - C'mon VM, do you think we're stupid or something - This is all some new 'theoretical' increase which will predicate the the next price hike.

I think Ofcom need to be made aware of this blatant over-selling and overstating of services and the seemingly consistent inability of VM to deliver contracted service levels.

0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just so you know this issue in Bromley (F003259558) has been going on since Nov 2014 and before then.

I know this as I have been chasing this since! Simply check my posts via my username Smiley Wink

Really had enough of this service. Funny how it's never mentioned on the status page when you type in the post code Smiley Wink

My most recent attempt at chasing will no doubt be futile

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-yet-again-in-Bromley-F003259558/m-p/3205414#M129135

0 Kudos