Menu
thelion
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

well i got my bill with no credit for slow broadband so i thought virgin as sorted it ...Bloody no chance 2.5 Mbps paying for 152Mbps  after 36 years has a cable customer from greenwich cable to virgin media i am thinking of just ripping out all virgin media equipment and taking it to the lewisham office 

0 Kudos
Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

Mate, "Speed, we like it fast" - More correctly, you'll get better speeds on ADSL/carrier pigeon than you will with VM. Honestly, the issue of utilisatisation is a cover all description of we are selling you a service we can't provide. But don't worry it'll be fixed "soon". I wouldn't mind it if VM provided training instead and let me fix the problem myself. Secondly, the amount of staff which provide "support" to the connections to be fixed "soon" could be reallocated to engineers so we wouldn't have these issues in the first place. The business model is completely flawed and based around false promises of high speeds. 

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos
thelion
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What i find amazing is how many broadband customers use BT lines and they still get a reasonable service well the people i know who use it
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The BT lines cannot accept new customers over a certain number (hence why they shut orders for a while in busy places)

Different tech, different story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question