Menu
GiBB_l
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

for about 3 days now the internet speed i'm getting is around 0.40 - 1.55mb. i pay for a 100mb speed so not sure as to why it's so low. checked my area for maintance and there's none and all cables are in router properly. any ideas as to what is the problem?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

are you testing wired or wireless - always test wired 

log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status  - and post the downstream and upstream figures

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

Hi GiBB_l

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, the upstream power levels are high and I would like to book an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. 

There is a also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004886742 and with a review date of 14th December.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos