Menu
Phill374
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed over wifi

Over the last couple of weeks I have been checking the speed from my wifi router. I am currently paying for 100mb. When testing the speed during the day over the wifi I can expect to get anything from 35-40 Mbps, during the evening I only get 6 Mbps it reverts back to 34-40 around 10.30 pm. I have tested the speed over an Ethernet cable during the evening and I can get 8 Mbps. I have tried  what they recommend from customer services unplug the router from the mains wait a few minutes but this doesn't make any difference. Anyone else having this problem. (November I cancelled Virgin media TV?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed over wifi

Hi Phill374,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see that you are affected by contention fault F004661393. This will cause poor speeds at peak times and is due for review 26/04/17. 

As well as this I can see that both your up and downstream power levels are out of spec and will require a technician to visit and adjust. I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this. To view your messages just click the envelope at the top of the page.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos