Menu
Slideaway
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed like a 56k modem at night?

Dy1 area, I have a done speed checks and the results are unbelievable. After 5pm I barely get 2mb download speed but at 6am I get above 50mb? Any ideas or do I need to look elsewhere for a more reliable download speed? At the moment I have to use my mobile as a reliable connection for my daughter to do her homework quicker and for my autistic son to watch his favourite YouTube clips which is costing me more on my mobile bill which shouldn't be the case when I spend so much to Virgin for my services.
Barnyzuki
Just joined
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed like a 56k modem at night?

Be prepared for lots of excuses from Virgin and no increase in speeds whatsoever. You know all those horror stories you here about awful speeds and poor customer service? Well they are all true. Best of luck.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed like a 56k modem at night?

Hi there slideaway,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've managed to locate your account, and it appears that you are being affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003863627 and has a review date of 5th April 2017.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos