Menu
colinwebb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed difference

I am quite happy with my broadband speed which nearly always exceeds 200mbps, however my daughter whose speed is supposed to be up to 152mbps can only receive 10-50mbps average speed. She lives in the same village about 3/4 mile away which I suppose means she is supplied from a different street box. On enquiring why she's not receiving something near the advertised speed she was told her cable doesn't support it, I was unaware there was a diffence in the fibre optic cabling. Can someone please confirm that she could have an inferior cable installed to mine? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed difference

if she is using virgin cable the cable has no limit. it may be area usage slowing it or many other things. you might need to get her to post here to get it checked.
0 Kudos
colinwebb
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

She is using Virgin cable which on her bill is advertised as 152mbps. On ringing 150 she was told her cable didn't support the speed. So therefore virtually suggesting that Virgin supplied some houses with a poorer quality of cable. I think she was fed **bleep**. What we want to know is all Virgin cable able to receive the advertised speeds? We used the Ookla app to test her's and my speed.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

all cables are but there are other factor that can lower the speeds.
0 Kudos