Menu
maxmixxx
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed. Area 20

Hi,

I've been recently upgraded from 100 mbps to 150 mbps, but speed test always shows max speed of  as on screen. The time test was made is 9am Sunday. Also ordered Hub 3.0 but received Hub 2.0. Just interested is it normal or I can get advertised speed and equipment? 

I live in area 20, PO5 postcode.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed. Area 20

Wired or wireless?

Your upgrade has gone through as shown by the increased upload so I would hazard a guess and say something your end is limiting the speed (hardware/software).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
maxmixxx
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wired connection, about 2m long cable between router and laptop. Windows 10. Realtek driver 8.38.115.2015. 1 user. Never seen speed higher then 85mbps according to speedtest.net before upgrade and even after.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi maxmixx,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds. I've checked your connection and I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F003313348 which is due for review on the 8th March. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I know this is disappointing news, please accept my apologies and let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
zepplin01
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed. Area 20 (super slow broadband)

hello all.

Area 20 , after many phone calls 5 in total (at my expense) , i was finally told that there is a fault in area 20 and this will not be repaired until march 2017.

Reading some of the post below this is due to area 20 being heavily subscribed, i would therefore assume as there are so many customers on this area that virgin media would be supporting this area a lot better?.

Area 20 customers have had this fault for sometime and not been forewarned we also now have this fault until march 2017 .

i have to ask why are we still being charge high rates with such slow speeds ?.

i pay for 200mb (vivid)currently the best speed i have is between 6-10 mb  in the evening , i am at work during the day so its little consolation if may improve during the day,i am told.

i was going to upgrade to the new v6 box , however i doubt it can work on such low broadband speeds,

whats going on virgin media ???

0 Kudos
zepplin01
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hello all.

Area 20 , after many phone calls 5 in total (at my expense) , i was finally told that there is a fault in area 20 and this will not be repaired until march 2017.

Reading some of the post below this is due to area 20 being heavily subscribed, i would therefore assume as there are so many customers on this area that virgin media would be supporting this area a lot better?.

Area 20 customers have had this fault for sometime and not been forewarned we also now have this fault until march 2017 .

i have to ask why are we still being charge high rates with such slow speeds ?.

i pay for 200mb (vivid)currently the best speed i have is between 6-10 mb  in the evening , i am at work during the day so its little consolation if it may improve during the day,i am told.

i was going to upgrade to the new v6 box , however i doubt it can work on such low broadband speeds,

whats going on virgin media ???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there zepplin01,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds due to a high peak time traffic fault in your area. I've taken a look at this, the reference number is F003497536 and has a review date of 1st March. In regards to the Area's this is a billing reference number and won't have any affect on your broadband connection, it depends on the cable you are connected too.

I will pass this information across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch shortly.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mcgaz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

What can we do with these fault reference numbers? Are they reviewable online somewhere?

0 Kudos