Menu
virgobram39
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband slow speed area 22

Broadband speed was great when raised to 150Mbps but has now dropped to 75   Is network overloaded in the evenings?

Helpful Answers
DrNowt
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband slow speed area 22

I'm in area 22 and having major issues too, intermittent service, dropping out completely and there seems to be a known fault. Service status shows an estimated fix date of 12th Jan....
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

virgobram39 wrote:

No response from Virgin I see.

Forum staff can take up to 2 weeks to answer posts (if at all) and constantly 'bumping' posts just takes it to the back of the pile I'm afraid.

Sadly, VM staff tend to ignore this forum, and leave any offers of help to fellow users. 

More than likely, your area, much like all the others, is probably suffering from 'over utilisation' which means that too many people trying to access the available bandwidth, slowing everybody down.

This is due to VM  persistantly selling 'superfast 200  meg broadband' to people, when it is clearly not able to provide the service..

VM rakes in the money...users suffer the consequences, (slow/slower/slowest broadband)

When you do get a reply, it will probably be along the lines of 

'Sorry to hear you are having problems with your broadband, I've looked at your account, and you are affected by fault F0xxxxxxxx which is due for a review on xx/xx/xx. please contact us nearer this date for further information' 

And that's all you are going to get, sadly!!

0 Kudos

All Replies
DrNowt
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm in area 22 and having major issues too, intermittent service, dropping out completely and there seems to be a known fault. Service status shows an estimated fix date of 12th Jan....
virgobram39
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

virgobram39 wrote:

Forum staff can take up to 2 weeks to answer posts (if at all) and constantly 'bumping' posts just takes it to the back of the pile I'm afraid.

Sadly, VM staff tend to ignore this forum, and leave any offers of help to fellow users. 

More than likely, your area, much like all the others, is probably suffering from 'over utilisation' which means that too many people trying to access the available bandwidth, slowing everybody down.

This is due to VM  persistantly selling 'superfast 200  meg broadband' to people, when it is clearly not able to provide the service..

VM rakes in the money...users suffer the consequences, (slow/slower/slowest broadband)

When you do get a reply, it will probably be along the lines of 

'Sorry to hear you are having problems with your broadband, I've looked at your account, and you are affected by fault F0xxxxxxxx which is due for a review on xx/xx/xx. please contact us nearer this date for further information' 

And that's all you are going to get, sadly!!

0 Kudos