Menu
Jacqueline22
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband problems.

I have highest broadband speed.  I am having trouble as sometimes my iPad and laptop seem to buffer a lot, and sometimes my iPad freezes, but after about 5 minutes you would think a ghost was using it as not only does it seem to 'catch up' with what I was doing, at a very quick speed, but the strangest thing though is that if I was using safari it will load pages that I haven't requested.  No matter what I try to do during this ' catch up' phase it doesn't seem to register.   HELP!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband problems.

Hello Jacqueline22,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection. I've taken a look and I can see we're working on a fault in your area under ref: F004687994. This fault is known for reducing speeds during peak time hours, so I believe this is the reason you're getting the freezes and the buffering.

As for the 'catch up' phase you talked about, I've not experienced this before. It is just the iPad that behaves like that?

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Jacqueline22,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection. I've taken a look and I can see we're working on a fault in your area under ref: F004687994. This fault is known for reducing speeds during peak time hours, so I believe this is the reason you're getting the freezes and the buffering.

As for the 'catch up' phase you talked about, I've not experienced this before. It is just the iPad that behaves like that?

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Jacqueline22
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

The 'catch up' problem has been solved by my son.  It was just the iPad that was affected.  Apparently I had it set to 2g instead of 5g (whatever that means!). But since he altered it I haven't had the problem anymore.

Thanks for looking into this matter for me.Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jacqueline22,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Very Happy

Great to hear that your son has resolved this for you, think he's after my job Smiley Tongue

You know where I am if you need anything else.

Thanks for again for your post,

Take care.

Heather_J