Menu
AshleyM00
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues in SE18 Woolwich area

Hi, 

We are experiencing a dodgy internet connection since about the middle of last week. Historically the net has always been poor here due to over-utilisation issues but had generally been not TOO bad but since the middle of last week, we are getting ping's of between 100 & 200ms on speed tests accompanied by poor upload speeds of between 1 & 2Mbps. Download seems OK, generally about 50Mbps. This is causing web pages, streaming & uploads to keep stuttering & hanging. Our router has been restarted & the issues are the same on wired devices (before anyone asks). It does seem to be worse at peak time but has also been bad off peak since about Wednesday last week.

The behaviour seems a lot like it did when we had the major over-utilisation issues before.

Can VM shed any light on why we are having such a poor connection of late?

Regards,

Ash

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues in SE18 Woolwich area

Hi AshleyM00, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see there has been trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005229112 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 06 DEC 2017. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update on this for you. 

What sort of time Wednesday did you start to see trouble? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AshleyM00
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your response. I cant remember exactly when on wednesday but I know it isnt/hasnt just been at peak times, but I guess as its the school holidays and not too hot out, daytime will be somewhat peak.

We have always had problems with over-utilisation in our area ever since the connection went in 6-odd years ago. There was an ongoing fault that kept essentially getting recycled with a new fault reference, with Virgin saying they need to increase their infrasructure in the area but are waiting for the council to agree the works. I dont know if this ever happened.

Virgin Media was giving us monthly credit on our bill due to the poor connectivity but that seemed cease a while back (for no apparent reason) and whats more, our bill has now increased by £2 a month without any notification (if a letter was sent, we didnt receive it).

Im fast considering getting fibre in on a landline as working from home in the evenings right now is proving difficult.

Will keep you updated with the connection.

Regards,

Ashley
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am in the post code of SE3 we have the same fault which is a shame since the Utilisation was gone 3 weeks ago until last week when the internet cut off and has come back crap ever since.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AshleyM00,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos