Menu
db2212
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues? Not according to service status, call center help says there is a problem.

Hi,

I'm more than a bit confused by this.

My broadband has been up and down recently before stopping completely yesterday.

I checked the service status and was informed that there are no known issues (area 28). I called the help line and very helpful woman informed me that there is a known issue at the box (external, not the house box) and it will be fixed by January 25th, a mere 18 days away.

Why can't you just admit there's a problem and put it in the service status?

And why the hell will it take so long to fix?

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
StuartMil
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband issues? Not according to service status, call center help says there is a problem.

VM's status page has been an outright lie for a decade or more. It will never change :-( Even formal complaints (BTDTGTTS) don't change that.

The mod's only seem to remove bad words, they don't appear to do anything useful, like respond to faults or get things fixed. However, they are the only ones who take action within hours rather than weeks, months or years. Not that that helps customers in any way.

SiKi
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband issues? Not according to service status, call center help says there is a problem.

Its never going to be placed on the service status page as it would be there for years...

chrcoluk
Superfast
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

there was a time during the ntl days utilisation related issues would appear on the maintenance pages, but someone made a decision that capacity issues shouldnt be reported on the public accessible pages, I wonder why. Smiley Happy

All Replies
db2212
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well edited Kev_B, good job.

I'm glad you saw fit to modify my post, but this means you have acknowledged my grievance and have duly forwarded it to someone who can actually do something regarding this issue.

Please confirm your actions and inform me about the course of action you have initiated.

I do hope you have initiated something other than just deleting parts of my post.

For those who missed the deleted parts, I referenced my broadband speeds as being as up and down as the underwear of a lady of ill-repute.

I just wish my bill would drop as quickly.

PS editing my post while subverting the "email me when someone replies" is wrong. Tell us when you don't like your customers speaking what they feel.

db2212
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So, to recap:

The service status is still showing "No known issues" yet Virgin Media are aware of an issue. This "no known issues" is, blatantly, a lie.

Moderators are aware of this and have done the square root of nothing, other than remove a word that might have offended someone.

And the service I'm paying for is still utterly dire and unreliable.

StuartMil
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM's status page has been an outright lie for a decade or more. It will never change :-( Even formal complaints (BTDTGTTS) don't change that.

The mod's only seem to remove bad words, they don't appear to do anything useful, like respond to faults or get things fixed. However, they are the only ones who take action within hours rather than weeks, months or years. Not that that helps customers in any way.

SiKi
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its never going to be placed on the service status page as it would be there for years...

chrcoluk
Superfast
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

there was a time during the ntl days utilisation related issues would appear on the maintenance pages, but someone made a decision that capacity issues shouldnt be reported on the public accessible pages, I wonder why. Smiley Happy
db2212
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I miss ntl, I miss the old Virgin Media.

This new VM is just rubbish.

I wanted to use stronger language but I would hate to have a toothless mod rouse himself from whatever they do, to edit this. We wouldn't want them to spend their time doing this instead of being useful and helpful, would we?

Flempy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I signed for 200mbs and still not getting more than 60mbs, I've rang up numerous times to try and sort it out, the last time I rang they said they would be in touch in few days, it's been about 2 weeks, and now they have added £50 on to my bill for a service I'm not getting... I'm not happy one little bit! I'll pay my bill when I start getting what I signed for
db2212
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well this is the same **bleep**, different month.

Having spoken to a random person (strange accent, couldn't understand them, they couldn't understand me apparently) about my original complaint, I was assured that the 3 week wait for resumption of what I am paying for would be credited to my account.

6 weeks later, I am still paying for an unreliable service and there is no credit for the service I didn't get.

This is theft. I pay for a service you do not supply.
You tell me I'll be recompensed for the service I didn't receive, yet this doesn't happen.

I pay to play a game that I cannot reliably access because the once reliable Virgin Media is now virgin-on-mediocre (and that's being VERY generous)

To sum up: You don't get what you pay for.

You don't get your cash back for the service you don't receive.

You don't have hope in hell of getting cash back for being unable to play games you pay for on the belief that virgin-on-mediocre can actually provide the service you pay for.

Right now, this service is 2009 level of unreliableness. Good job.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello db2212

I am sorry for the continuing slow peak time speeds, we are aware and would like to carry out some growth work, the ticket reference is F004702409 and the current review date is 04/10/2017. Please accept our apologies for the delay.

I will send you a forum private message to discuss your other issue.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos