Menu
azza3k
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues NN1. Still...

Well, 

Here we go again. Supposedly broadband speeds and *work* which I use lightly was supposed to be fixed at the end of october. Surprise... it hasn't. I have had an engineer around to the house to sort my connections out, and some advice that supposedly 'I should always recieve my full amount, I just have to check with another server'. Fair enough to him, he tried to push the standard virgin rubbish. But after continually getting around 1.9mb every evening since I purchased this scam of an internet connection in September, I am losing the last bit of patience I held on to (mainly due to hope). 

Please can someone inform me what is going on? 

Also, with these lovely upgrades you have handed out - baring in mind you can't handle what is offered already - what are you doing to give out workable and effective speeds to everyone that is new (but not new enough to keep up with free upgrades).

Many Thanks

I hope to hear back soon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues NN1. Still...

Hi azza3k,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm really sorry to hear you're still suffering with poor speeds particularly during the evenings.

I see you've posted here and John_G has replied but never said it was supposed to be fixed by that date. It was just a review to see how far it's progressing and whether any work is scheduled to be done.

I've checked the fault reference F002700635 and can see the review date has now been set for 13th January 2016. The notes suggest the networks team are waiting for new equipment to arrive but I don't know when that will be I'm afraid.

I've added the latest update to your account. I'll now move this post to a different team who are dealing with these types of faults. They'll be in touch shortly once they have more information.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
mikeyk79
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues NN1. Still...

Hi azza3k,

I too had the same issues back in October 2015 when i signed up to VM. Opted for 100mb service and only ever received 2mbs at best! Found out that this issue has been ongoing since 2013. Before I knew of this I kept getting the ever moving fix by date. By the end of it they let me leave with no penalty. Trust me when i say this issue will not be fixed anytime soon.

I'm now with BT Infinity and although I only opted for the 38mb (now 50mb), I have no issues what so ever.

Hope you manage to get yourself sorted.

0 Kudos