Menu
Beebea69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issued in ig9

I've had performance issues for the last 6 weeks (actually good a few n months but in the last 6 weeks my connection is down more often than not).
I've contacted support and have had mixed responses with biblical waiting time to book an engineer visit. Any of you having problems in my area? (The service status update claims there is none but customer support told me there was an issue in the area)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband issued in ig9

Hi Beatrice,

I've taken a look and the resolve for this is a little more complicated that it would usually be for similar faults.
The cause of the noise ingress has been linked to a faulty cable. The engineers are in the process of arranging for the pulling of the old cable and replacing it with new. I am sorry for the impact this is having on your connection but our engineers are working very hard to get this resolved ASAP.

I shall make sure that one of my colleague's checks for updates for you tomorrow and Saturday.

Jen
Forum Team

All Replies
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beebea69,

Thanks for getting in touch, I've just been running a few checks on your connection and can confirm that your Hubs downstream power levels and SNR are reporting on the low side and could do with a boost, we'll need to arrange for an engineer visit to get this sorted for you.

I'll drop you a Private Message so we can this booked in.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beebea69,

I've just checked on fault F005000196 as promised (as per our conversation via PM) and the assigned network technician has been in attendance today. However the previous network errors have abated. 

This is, in part, good news, as it means your connection should now be more stable. However, as the source of the fault hasn't been located it is possible that the errors could recur.
I'll check on this daily, up to and including Thursday, in case the errors return. The fault ticket will be kept open for monitoring anyway.

Speak tomorrow Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Beebea69
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

thanks for keeping your promise, though the news are disheartening because after a day of relative stability, today was quite bad with frequent drops in speed. A couple of hours ago we had no connection at all, and now it is back at 1.31Mpbs.... :-(((((((

So please keep the pressure up and ask the engineers to continue their investigation....!

Regards

Beatrice

0 Kudos
Beebea69
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Jen
In case it hasn't been reported yet, the virgin media wifi point at the local underground station is not working either. It may be a coincidence or the symptom of a bigger problem.
My partner was unable to work last night which made him very upset so this is becoming more and more annoying. I am lucky that I'm currently in between job or i would have been unable to work from home with such an unreliable connection.

Please ask that this case is given the highest priority. I'm relying on you right now, but if you think it is more effective i will raise my case again and again through the customer helpline, however painful it is to call them!

Regards
Beatrice
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Beatrice,

I've taken a look and the resolve for this is a little more complicated that it would usually be for similar faults.
The cause of the noise ingress has been linked to a faulty cable. The engineers are in the process of arranging for the pulling of the old cable and replacing it with new. I am sorry for the impact this is having on your connection but our engineers are working very hard to get this resolved ASAP.

I shall make sure that one of my colleague's checks for updates for you tomorrow and Saturday.

Jen
Forum Team

Beebea69
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

any update on this? I heard nothing from virgin since Thursday and our speed has been oscillating between 0.3Mbps and 5Mbps during the weekend, with a sudden peak at 190Mbps yesterday which made me think the problem had been solved but we are back to 3mbps / no connection this morning).

How long does it take to change a cable?

Bought a mifi from 3 and I'm now getting steady 30 Mbps... will that have to be my long term solution?!?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Beebea69,

Really sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding this.

I've checked the fault ticket for an update and this is currently set for review on 26/01/2017.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Beebea69
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues in ig9

Hi

Issues  persist, I've not been informed of any resolution to the underlying issue (although I had been promised text messages to keep me updated) and the network service status update continues to optimistically state that there is no problem in this area! (not sure how we can rely on that webpage when customer services and engineers tell me that there is very serious problem in the area that will take weeks to resolve, and that page says that there are no reported problems!!!!!!!)

In the meantime I've received the much advertised credit for loss of service: £9.89!!! Very generous of Virgin for two months of pitiful service while I've been paying £66 a month for the "Big Cahuna" bundle!! 

Disgusting

0 Kudos