Menu
Griffo52
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband in PR8 Southport area

Has anyone in PR8 Southport area been suffering slow or non existent Broadband speed, I find that more often that not I cannot access the internet at all and then I try a few mins later and it has recovered a little only to go non existent again. The speed tends to be 4-10 mbs when I am paying for the up to 200mbs, but sometimes up to 44mbs. I find it very frustrating and wondered if others in my area have the same issue. Now as I cannot get on I am tethering my iPhone and using that to access the internet ! What can I do Virgin don't seem to be interested.

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband in PR8 Southport area

Sounds like contention (what a surprise), you might what to set up a ping quality monitor with thinkbroadband it will give a clearer picture of whats going on
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would also contact them and see if they can confirm this, and request a discount on your bill if its the case
0 Kudos
Griffo52
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply I will do that.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Griffo52,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds, I appreciate this is frustrating.

Checking your connection I've noticed that we're currently in the process of resolving a fault in your area. The ref is: F004740635 and it's due for review on the 1st Feb. While this fault is on-going you might notice that your speed is reduced during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, if you have any other questions, let me know.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Griffo52
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I set up a thinkbroadband monitor as you suggested but I am unsure what the results show, I am still getting very poor performance where pages wont load them sometimes when refreshed do load, but sometime only after several refreshes. I also find that this appears when it's likely to be busy periods, ie evenings and weekends. I have attached the image from the screen dump. Do you know much about what this means ? Thanks.[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Griffo52, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband having some slow speeds issues, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've run some checks from here and I noticed that both of your upstream power levels are too high and alongside the load issues in your area, reference number F004740635, currently awaiting upgrade works to be completed, this will be having an effect on your connection.

I would like to get an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos