Menu
Shintanno
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband extremely slow in the evening.

I've looked at some other post regarding this issue and i understand that peak times etc will effect my broadband speeds. What i want to know is if i can hope that at some point this problem will be resolved as i work in the daytime and the evening are the times i use the internet mostly. Im in south east london and my area reference is 21.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband extremely slow in the evening.

Hey Shintanno,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds. I've taken a look at your connection and I don't see any fault in the area at the moment.

Would you be able to perform a few speed tests? Ideally with a hard-wired device, if you don't have a cable let me know and I'll send you one.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shintanno
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks you for the response. like i said the dips in speed and ping consisantly start around 8 and last for 4 to 5 hours in the evenings. These test are done with an ethernets connection as you requested. speed test 1.pngspeed test 2.pngspeed test 3.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shintanno,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've taken a look at the network and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004395823 and with a review date of 21st December.

I will pass this across to my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos