Menu
nilrem
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down in PO4 Portsmouth since VM put card through my door

Hi Virginmedia,

Yesterday I had a card put through my door from yourselves advising that you were working in my area that day and I may see issues with service.

Well since 7:30 am on the 28/3 my broadband has been hard down and when I try to call in to raise I fault I'm greeted by a 30min wait time to speak to someone.

Service status checker advises no issues in my area so I'd like to know what the hell is going on with my broadband?

As well as suffering from the abysmal speed isssues I already had, I now have no service what so ever.

Look forward to your response

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down in PO4 Portsmouth since VM put card through my door

I wish they'd come and do some work in my part of PO4, Southsea, but I've just been told the next review for a fault that's been ongoing since October 2015 will not be "reviewed" again until the end of December 2017! Strangely enough the last review date was today. I've also noticed that other people in Portsmouth are being told that the next review for their faults won't happen until the same date ... so if VM tell you that you've got a utilisation fault in your area, don't hold your breath for a quick fix.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
nilrem
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was told my fix was due end of March so was hoping the card meant everything would be sorted on that day, instead it's down completely!

0 Kudos
nilrem
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Broadband Ping - Pete
0 Kudos
nilrem
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought I'd update my thread with what the outcome was of the engineers visit today and bring it to a close.

It turns out the cabinet which feeds my street was completely replaced and that one of their 'engineers' for whatever resaon decided to cut the cable outside my front door that feeds my property, he then tried to pull more cable out from my house to repair what he had done only to find there was no slack and just left it.

Engineer that turned up to repair it took some pics and said that I was the 4th customer so far they had done that to.

No internet all week, appaling speeds , engineers cutting cables and just leaving them and don't get me started on the 'customer service' centre in India...joke!

Calling them first thing Monday to cancel.

Thanks

JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Replacing the cabinet and cutting everyone's cables is one way to "fix" the utilisation problem 😂 ... Hopefully they'll do the same in my part of PO4. Can't blame you for walking away from it all.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos