Menu
gnovakov
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Very Slow and Constantly Cutting out

My Virgin Broadband is very slow, registering at 0.5mb - 2.9mb download speed, when I log into my Virgin Media It says that I am paying for 50mb Broadband speed which I am not at all getting, on top of the slow speed the internet keeps cutting out, even this page resulted in a time out 3 times before it finally loaded up for me to paste this message.

I called virgin media, and they are saying it is a fault in my general area (I am area 21), and its only at peak times and it will be fixed by 29th March 2017, it is currently the 9th of January 2017, is this serious or are they taking the mick, is this a Joke? This is 3 months!!! That's a whole quarter of the year, I am not paying £30 a month to get non existent broadband at the times when I use it the most! What's the point, if I cant use my broadband when Im at home I might aswell not have any broadband use my 4G on my mobile and use the internet at work.

Virgin is not providing the adequate service that they promise, I have been a customer for 8 years and I am not impressed.

I have recorded a screen video of how long it is actually taking to load anything including the speed test and what the results are, this task which should usually take about a minute has taken over 6 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/upload

Ive tried to upload the router status screenshots I made but the internet is so slow it wont upload 4 images!

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Very Slow and Constantly Cutting out

Well here is my speed tonight: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5952649881

I was going to wait until March as i have the same date as you but if its dropping to these speeds i can't use it at all so going to switch now.

When i spoke on the phone to complaints a couple of weeks ago the rep even admitted they had been selling it in the area because of the ( New deals ) Yeah right the deals you can't provide and are fraudulently selling to people.

0 Kudos
gnovakov
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thats ridiculous, Ive been recording mine as well over the last few days its ridiculous, 0.5- 2mb, but thats not the biggest problem it just that it constantly cuts out, webpages time out, so its not just slow but its dropping in and out constantly, I have to refresh a page 3-4 times to finally get it to load.

I cannot understand how this can be legal, Im paying for a consistent service 7days a week 24 hours a day I understand that there will be fluctuations, but this service is literally unusable I might as well not have internet.

These are my results:

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gnovakov, 

Thanks for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear that your broadband is slow and constantly cutting out, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and I noticed that your Hubs logs show a number of time outs inside, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos