Menu
Gooseroaster
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Throttling

I have currently had issues with fluctuating broadband speed really slow one minute and really fast the next.  When measured on my phone everything seems ok and my broadband speed is fast.  When i try to game on my xboxone's, as i have 2 one of which is hard wired, i have noticed the issue (especially when trying to stream Netflix 4K to my Xboxone S). The signal is sinusoidal peaks and trough's.  I have spoken to one of the Techy guys at my place of work he tells me the signal is throttling ie finds a fault at fast speed by getting packet loss reduces the signal until packet loss goes then increases the speed again and then the cycle repeats.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
spoons33
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Throttling

VM are suffering from a lot of packet loss atm, if you open a command prompt and do a TRACERT to vm or google or microsoft the data packets are timing out at hop 3 just after wolverhampton.  I have informed them about this but the tech guy didnt understand and tried to tell me I had a firewall problem, I spent 40 mins trying to explain what was wrong but gave up and decided to wait for them to stumble across the fault themselves.  I have been trying to play iracing all day but the packet loss is making it unplayable.

All Replies
spoons33
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Throttling

VM are suffering from a lot of packet loss atm, if you open a command prompt and do a TRACERT to vm or google or microsoft the data packets are timing out at hop 3 just after wolverhampton.  I have informed them about this but the tech guy didnt understand and tried to tell me I had a firewall problem, I spent 40 mins trying to explain what was wrong but gave up and decided to wait for them to stumble across the fault themselves.  I have been trying to play iracing all day but the packet loss is making it unplayable.