Menu
kencam01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed

My broadband speed is ridiculously slow despite the promise of 200Mbps.  I'm sitting next to the router and getting less than 3Mbps.  I work form home and am struggling with this poor and constant level of service. I've run the diag tests that are shown on the VM web site but it states that everything is ok.  What can I do? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
kencam01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Speed

Thanks Dave,

Downstream.pngUpstream.png

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Let's start with the basics.  Can you post your Upstream and Downstream data here so that we can see if there's a power level issue.   Type 192.168.0.1 into the URL of your browser and this should get you into the management screens of your Hub.  Do not sign in, simply click on Router Status to access the data pages.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
kencam01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Dave,

Downstream.pngUpstream.png

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Right Ken, now that I can see the data ... Downstream looks ok with power levels and SNR within specification.  The Upstream is a little odd though because although the power levels are at the high end they are also within specification but there is clearly something amiss with 7,233 T3 timeouts being reported on one of the channels.  There is some instability there and I think it's time to arrange an engineer's visit.

You can wait around here for a member of the Forum Team to show up or phone it in ... 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
kencam01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thank you so much Dave, I'll call it in tomorrow morning.

Cheers, Ken

0 Kudos