Menu
jonsheed
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed

New customer

Hello, I've just joined virgin media and had it installed this week, we are new to virgin and so we are not too sure how unusual this is.

we have the VIVID 200 Optical Fibre broadband package but we are only getting speeds of 5mb at best, we can't do anything and obviously our tv doesnt let us stream with those speeds. When i check online it says the road is capable for speeds of upto 200mbs

My engineer did not check internet speeds or ondemand services when installing he also gave us the wrong remote for our tivo box. The wifi is only connect to the tivo box so should work quite fast, ? is there something im doing wrong?

Jonathan Sheed

speed.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed

Hi jonsheed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to see that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've run some tests on your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable, which is good.

Was the speed test completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ? 

When using speedtest.net for checking the speed, make sure you use the default server and post a link/screenshot of the results.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos