Menu
Shekkyal
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed

Hi.  Over the past 3 weeks my broadband speed has become incredibly slow.  I pay for the 200Mb speed and when I run regular speed tests I am barely going above 5Mb.

I have been a computer engineer for 20 years and I know all about positioning and not placing my router near any other electrical items.  The router is away in the corner with nothing else effecting it.

I have spoke to Virgin this weekend and to be honest it just felt like a big fob off.  I was given a number to call but this gave me no further information.  They must think we are all idiots.

I actually thought going fibre would sort all my broadband woes.  But since they started upgrading the line speed my broadband has never been the same.

I live in the centre of Barnsley, South Yorkshire.  I'll be honest the first year of my contract with Virgin the service and speed I was receiving was tremendous.  I was delighted.  Then one weekend my broadband was lost for about 4 days and since then it has never been the same. These past three weeks though the speed has been awful.  5Mb is just not acceptable.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed

Hi Shekkyal, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F003669611 for slow speeds at peak times. This is currently with the planning team so I don't have a lot of news on it currently. We should know more after 01/02/2016.

I have popped the details across to the team that deal with this issue and they will contact you with more information as soon as they can and keep you updated on the fault progress. 

Are you mostly having trouble during peak times? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Shekkyal
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emma

Can I now assume this utilisation issue is not going to be resolved in February this year and that this is only a review. My broadband during the evening is pretty much unusable. I'm not going to waste any time contacting anyone else at Virgin as everyone can see clearly see this issue just goes on and on and on. I will just wait out the rest of my contract to terminate. From the first twelve months of my service which was awesome to this is quite appalling. Nobody seems to care.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shekkyal

Thanks for getting back to us. Yes the date Emma mentioned for fault F003669611 is a review date where any work that's been carried out will be reviewed to see how much of an impact it's made to the peak time contention. It's not a fix date. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you and we'll certainly be able to update you on this fault  a little closer to the review date.

Kind regards,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos