Menu
Armdalesyd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed in NW4 area of Oldham

When are virgin media going to fix my poor broadband speed on the nw4 area of oldham. I have paying for 200Mb  speed for a few years. For the past year I have been lucky to receive 100Mb. I have been complaining to the customer services for months for months and this service is getting continually worse. Lots of promises to get back to me but no one ever does. Still been paying full amount. A couple of months ago I managed to get an engineer sent out. Within a minute of arriving and quickly checking where I was connecting to was told he could not do anything. he stated that the area has seen a huge expansion of their network and the service was oversubscribed work was ongoing but the issue would not be resolved for a further 6 months. He advised I contacted customer services which i again did. They acknowledged issue and usual answer supervisor/manager will get back back to me. No call back as usual. I know I have to option end my contract but I would like someone to do the decent thing and get back to me Can anyone offer any plans for resolving the problem

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Speed in NW4 area of Oldham

Hey Armdalesyd,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry for the slow speeds you're experiencing. I've just taken a look and I can see that we're working on a fault in your area under ref: F005593721 which is responsible for reducing the speeds, especially during peak time hours. Really sorry about this, the fault is being reviewed on the 13 DEC, if you post back to us we will be able to provide a progress update.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Armdalesyd,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry for the slow speeds you're experiencing. I've just taken a look and I can see that we're working on a fault in your area under ref: F005593721 which is responsible for reducing the speeds, especially during peak time hours. Really sorry about this, the fault is being reviewed on the 13 DEC, if you post back to us we will be able to provide a progress update.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Armdalesyd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update, really frustrating that I know there is a problem but no one will acknowledge the issue and VM continue to charge me for the full speed that I haven't had for months. Is there anyone I can contact to complain to. Customer services are a complete waste of time and just keep me wait for them to get back to me that they just do not get back and each time I ring the whole process starts again. Sorry rant over.

0 Kudos