Menu
TMaude
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed - Southport

For the last couple of months my broadband speed has been appalling. In Dec I started running Speedtest on my mobile, always between 16:00 - 19:00 at the same place in my house, the download speed ranged from 0.65 - 7.58 upload 2.17 - 7.64.

I installed a Tivo box in Nov and am also have problems with that, constant buffering, blank screens & recorded programs pixilated.

Getting to the stage were I am seriously considering cancelling & moving provider.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed - Southport

Hi TMaude

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing with the broadband and TV service.

I've run a few checks on your connection to see what's going on. The hub all looks healthy with no issues showing. For an accurate speed test we would recommend a PC or laptop connected over ethernet. Wireless has many factors that can can interfere with it and doesn't provide an accurate test. I've included a link here with some tips on improving the wireless connection Smiley Happy

There appears to be some issues showing with your TV service so I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to look into this further. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) to get this booked in.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos