Menu
blaydzman
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed Issues and Lack of Ability to Contact Virgin

For nearly two months I have been getting on average download speeds of 6mbps which I'm sure you'll agree is extremely slow especially when I'm on up to 152mbps. It gets so bad at times that Amazon prime/Netflix stops working and speed test shows download speeds of just over 1mbps. This is completely unacceptable and probably in breach of contract. Why is it acceptable for Virgin to provide such a poor service and continue to increase prices? What can I do to get this sorted and compensated? Forgot to mention that next door neighbours had VM installed two months ago just after I started having snags, engineer tapped off our box to get them online and said it wouldn't affect our service, cue total loss of all services for next three hours. He rectified the snag, speed went up to 106mbps for approximately 6 hours then reverted to less than 10mbps.

I have gone round in circles on the Virgin Media website and it seems to have been designed to prevent you from contacting them via email/webpage links. Every link to "Contact Us" appears to be broken or just redirects you back to the Help and Support page. Why are Virgin allowed to get away with this level of service? Someone please help.

0 Kudos
maxmarutti
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed Issues and Lack of Ability to Contact Virgin

Hi blaydzman 

Could you check your speed with http://www.speedtest.net/  and then add your results screenshot / direct link , run several tests between am - late pm 

Your connection wired or wireless ? 

Also Network log from your hub 

@thinkbroadband
0 Kudos