Menu
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 81 of 87
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed: Discussion Thread

I'll just leave this here.

Two review dates already gone and next not due to 2018.

0 Kudos
ldwilliams
Dialled in
Message 82 of 87
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask when I might be getting a reply to a post for help that I made on 23-7-17 Please ? http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/speed-and-lag-poor-and-varying-levels-HELP-FORUM-STAFF-PLE... I explained the problem and posted my download and up load results and the network log, and apart from a moderator removing some personal info which I didn't know was posted, I have heard nothing. I understand that you are all likely very busy, but surely someone would be able to get back to me after 8 days I would have hoped ? Thank you
0 Kudos
Dessieb123
Tuning in
Message 83 of 87
Flag for a moderator

I had 50 mb bb, but was actually getting 6mb dl, I thought I would upgrade so I rung up vm they said I would get a speed upgrade if I went on vivid 100, so I went for it, last night checked my speed still 6mb, don't sell what you can't provide I'm sure it's against the law, I'm glad watchdog have highlighted it but nothing will be done, I've been told Jan 2018 is the finish date for upgrading of lines, I ain't waiting that long bye bye vm thanks for ripping me off to the princely sum of £45 month for 5mb bb

0 Kudos
njepson
Tuning in
Message 84 of 87
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 200 mbps download - getting less than 1 mpbs ... but still getting full 12 mbps upload

I've been happy with VM for more than 10 years ... but I'm close to throwing in the towel and going BT,  mainly due to their complete lack of customer service when there is an issue.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/VM-support-shocking/td-p/3495661

jimkirkby
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 87
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin Media

I'll leave the same picture that a lot of other people are already leaving on here. I'm also seeing it across lots of other threads, but equally, I'm seeing the same responses to the threads. Surely someone in your business understands ITIL and can work out with all these similar incidents you actually have an underlying problem. If no one does, I'm happy to apply for the role of Customer Service Director, you clearly need one.

And whether you need it or not here is another picture representing another incident demonstrating a clear and persistent infrastructure issue.

Great upload but poor download picture (1 of many)Great upload but poor download picture (1 of many)

unisoft
Up to speed
Message 86 of 87
Flag for a moderator

jimkirkby wrote:

Hi Virgin Media

I'll leave the same picture that a lot of other people are already leaving on here. I'm also seeing it across lots of other threads, but equally, I'm seeing the same responses to the threads. Surely someone in your business understands ITIL and can work out with all these similar incidents you actually have an underlying problem. If no one does, I'm happy to apply for the role of Customer Service Director, you clearly need one.

And whether you need it or not here is another picture representing another incident demonstrating a clear and persistent infrastructure issue.

After around 10 years with VM, I'm off after the price increase letter....They offered 6 months of no price increase. Seeing as my 200 GAMER service doesn't even get anywhere close to a 50mbps service (except the upstream outside of peak), I cancelled.

They said the CMTS that were RiverDelta/Motorola had no plans to be upgraded - whether they meant this area with a large cable subscriber base or all I don't know. I told retentions that I am not paying over £40 a month just for BB that hasn't worked since 2016 and I have no service credits either....I had all the thinkbroadband speed tests and BQM graphs over the months lined up, but they saw my account notes and the price increase letter meant I could cancel anyway.

So I have 30 days now until termination. New Asus router ordered with VDSL/G.FAST built in arriving today.

If they ever fix their network in the Temple Ewell and Dover areas, I'll come back then. Right now, that would appear to be 1-2 years away at least. FTTC I do not like, but because it is good on my cabinet, the latency will be much less and it will feel faster and downloads will be 5MBPS faster than I get on a so-called 200mbps service from Virgin.

unisoft
Up to speed
Message 87 of 87
Flag for a moderator

Just an update to this thread to say that VM seem to have fixed the Dover area at least:

Dover CT17 (and probably all of Dover) is now fixed somewhere from 20th October at a friends house.

There are now 24 downstreams and 4 upstreams, something not possible on River Delta as it can only support 12 downstream channels.

The CMTS is Cisco Systems says www.macvendors.com. This is the newer kit.

Not sure about Temple Ewell, RIver and Kearsney. In theory they all go to the same hub site so should be fixed in all those areas, I don't see why not as the cabinets did not historically suffer from utilisation issues.

Typical just after I leave VM they fix it. Once again customer service appalling, as they would have known this in engineering department in VM but just don't share the fix dates. Had they said after waiting a year that a fix was within 2 weeks, I wouldn't have cancelled having been with VM since 2007/2008!

0 Kudos