Menu
donna1974
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 87
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Broadband Speeds.

I live in a new virgin area we had sales people calling door to door selling the residents virgin promising 200mbps currently I get 6-20 Mbps if I'm lucky . An engineer who I know told me that they knew there was an over utilisation problem but still went on to take new customers . This is a disgrace from virgin and need fixed right away
greyman
Superfast
Message 52 of 87
Flag for a moderator

surely not? I totally believed the CEO when he blamed the sales staff, on live TV, and promised that he would get them all retrained.

PS, can anyone point me in the direction of the emoticon for extreme sarcasm
greyman
Superfast
Message 53 of 87
Flag for a moderator

So to cover up your CEO's embarrassment, you move the thread of a customer @donna1974, making it very unlikely that he/she will get an answer to her question?

If you don't want to be embarrassed, here's a simple solution, just invest into your network and deliver the service that your customers are paying for.

I am really sorry for any delays caused @donna1974, but this just proves how little this company cares about its customers
unisoft
Up to speed
Message 54 of 87
Flag for a moderator

and to cap it all, my once higher 20-21mbps upstream is now 4-6mbps in addition to 4-6 mbps on average download.

Right time, to file a report of my scenario in two addresses in Dover area with Watchdog, and then speak to retentions about cancelling. FTTC is slower headline speed, but its faster than this pile....

If you are thinking of being a new customer with VM and checking out this thread for any service issues and live in Dover or the surrounding villages (large catchment area to Folkestone), my recommendation is to avoid VM for now. Its hit rock bottom and they don't want to bother upgrading anything just sweat assets. Its been months and months now and nothing has been done. Get another provider because right now standard ADSL1 is faster than this.

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 55 of 87
Flag for a moderator

at one time censorship on a customer forum would not have painted the guilty business in too flattering a light and would have been seen as very bad form.

oh wait, it still is.
unisoft
Up to speed
Message 56 of 87
Flag for a moderator

I used a Catherine Tate line on another reply, the moderator censorship police struck EVEN THOUGH the actual swear word used on television, was starred out.....pathetic....It was probably because I referenced the parent company L.G. and Catherine's NAN character used the first word in her famous phrase!

Just shows how downhill this company has got, from a customer that used to recommend it and was totally happy.

Tracy6
Tuning in
Message 57 of 87
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed: Discussion Thread

The broadband speed has been appalling for several months.  I have had several very long detailed conversations with the support people who have tweaked settings and promised that some engineering work which would be completed by 4th July would give me super fast connection.  Although not as bad since then it is still far from fixed and the pausing and buffering continues.

I have lots of screenshots showing the connection and speed test results.

0 Kudos
ms_london
Joining in
Message 58 of 87
Flag for a moderator

The same is true in area 15, N9 - it seems that the whole company cannot deliver on what they have sold.
A shame, as I always try and support British companies.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 59 of 87
Flag for a moderator

ms_london wrote:
The same is true in area 15, N9 - it seems that the whole company cannot deliver on what they have sold.

It's a long time since Richard Branson had anything to do with it. It's owned by Liberty Global now, an American company.

0 Kudos
unisoft
Up to speed
Message 60 of 87
Flag for a moderator

HiVMBye wrote:

ms_london wrote:

It's a long time since Richard Branson had anything to do with it. It's owned by Liberty Global now, an American company.

....and don't we know it! lol Smiley Happy

Still, I got a message from VM's systems today saying I earnt a new badge on the forums, badge name: "Up To Speed". Oh the irony!