Menu
aa1231
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed Area20

Hi, we are having issues with the broadband speed in area 20 since 26th of January 2017, it shows internet connection is available but speed is really slow. We can't even watch videos in 144p. Please do something to fix this. Our broadband speed is meant to be 50Mbps but it is really poor.

0 Kudos
twright
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed Area20

I'm in area 20 as well and am experiencing the same issue.

Hope this can be resolved.

0 Kudos
Stevey79
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I also am a new customer my install date was the 25/1/17 and I'm paying for upto 200 but the best I've seen speed wise is 50 mb so I'm not very happy at all and that's speed tested at different times of the day and night 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just for the record, the area number is somewhat irrelevant as it is based on historic companies acquired by VM and is not an accurate indication of your geographic location at all.  I am in North Surrey and I'm 'Area 20' but I've seen people posting here who are in the north of England who are also in Area 20.

It makes more sense to say which town you are in or near.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Stevey79
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that I'm in swinton on a Manchester postcode 

Dave_cq wrote:

Just for the record, the area number is somewhat irrelevant as it is based on historic companies acquired by VM and is not an accurate indication of your geographic location at all.  I am in North Surrey and I'm 'Area 20' but I've seen people posting here who are in the north of England who are also in Area 20.

It makes more sense to say which town you are in or near.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi aa1231,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and everything is looking OK at the moment. There are a few timeouts but nothing to cause too much concern yet. All your levels are good and there are no issues with the network in your area.

Are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

I'd like you to try running a speed test with the hub in Modem Mode, then post the results.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos