Menu
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Install Faulty

I had my new Vivid 200 installed after being with the top tier package for years. They came and installed the broadband on Wednesday and I had no speed issues with my old Superhub 2 which was downloading at 200mbps.
I told the installer that my speed was low MD he said that the box was updating and the speed would get better later. Have checked now over the last few days at various times even at 3am and the speed will not go over 40mbps.
I called Virgin on Thursday to be told that it was passed to the network team and it would be fixed quickly. I will give them until tomorrow evening.
Why is my broadband and TV on the same coax using a splitter to feed my Superhub and my v6 ? I thought they had two separate cables and one was for TV and one for broadband ? Am I wrong ?
They also have not replaced the box on the outside wall and i have wiring that can be seen.
How do I have an engineer come out and repair that and check my install ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Install Faulty

you are wrong. The cables are split between the internet and however many boxes you have.

The speed will not get better over time Cable doesn;t need training time like DSL did.

How are you connecting? Wired or wireless?
0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am connecting via ethernet cable. My upload speed is perfect but I cannot get the download speed over 40 Mbps. The install has not been completed due to the wires hanging loose outside and no sealant put into the holes they have drilled.

And odd, I was sure there was a line in for broadband and one for TV.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dominatez,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004797251). Our technicians are working to get this sorted and have set a review date of 29th March.

I would also like to send a technician out to investigate your install and get it all tidied up. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Been very busy at work lately.

Anyway, Virgin came out and said something about turning the power up etc and my signal went right upto 210mbps (WOW) and has been steady from 150mbps at peak times to 200mbps.

So, after speaking to someone who is a good friend who works for Virgin Media telling me that there is not a massive over utilisation in my area, he told me what to ask the Engineer who came round to check for.

I was given a number from the network team who said our cables were due for replacement on 29th March (F004797251) but it does seem that Virgin do promise to replace by these dates and don't come anywhere close to honouring these, with renew dates set almost anything upto a year away.

Anyway, i would just like to say that there can be success at the end of the line, even when some tech from India tells me that my line is fine and logs the call as Customer Education which is just their way of fobbing you off.

But yep guys, Josh did help, so cut the support team some slack as they are doing their level best to help you, and there will be times  when they can only do so much.

0 Kudos