Menu
jinxy587
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BroadBand

Hi All

Am new on here, so just saying hi,

now for my rant, i pay for 100mb virgin broadband which up until 6 months ago i was more than happy with with, now i am very unhappy with the service, at peak times my speed

is about 10-15mb which is crap for online gaming, i am paying for 100mb and only getting the above, fair enough they have been giving me a slightly discounted bill but this is not helping my situation, for the past 3 months they have been saying all will be fixied

by the 8th of feb, the problem is greedy virgin have over sold(over utalizesd) the line down my road KT19  area so is stead of "supperfast" i get supper slow not useable internet which still cost £50 per month more or less.

so i called them yesterday now they say the problem wont be fixed now until late april, and according to the virgin wed site i can have 200Mb broadband if i wanted, i find this worng somehow if not illegal to advertise a service which can not be supplied.

what should i do dump them and go with another or hang on

thanks rant over

Jinxy

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BroadBand

Sadly this is an all too common complaint, there are members her who have been waiting 3 years for a fix with review date after review date coming and going. At the end of the day it's up to you and if you can put up with the problem, I would say when you get to late April you will be given another date and so on.

If you are a gamer and this affects you, which is more likely the latency that happens at peak times, I would get out of dodge and find a decent provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there jinxy587,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

From checking your connection, I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area which you mentioned. The reference number is F003292492 and has a review date of 26th April. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work required to improve bandwidth.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Area20-KT19
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jinxy,
We are having the same issues in KT19 area, has been going on for over a year.
Try doing a Google search on that reference number below....I think it's a random 'code' that Virgin give out when there is no sign of any work being done. We have had loads of those 'review' dates.
Paying for 50mb service and getting 0.5 - 3mb every evening.
0 Kudos
jinxy587
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well i dont know what to say Virgin, but thanks you have finely sorted it, i dont know 

what you did but it worked , am now getting no less than 75meg at peak times

you nearly lost me there, but persistence pays, very happy with my service now, i hope

you can keep it up

0 Kudos