Menu
Mediguy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bristol download speeds

Hi,

In the last few days the download speed of my internet connection is appalling. 2-3Mbs at anytime of the day or night. Upload speed is higher at 4-5Mbs. I'm on superfibre 70. I usually get 50-60Mbs download speeds. 

I've heard that Bristol is a particular problem at the moment, but don't know if it's certain areas or a general thing. Anyone else having the same problems?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bristol download speeds

Sorry to hear about this Mediguy,

I can see that you've since spoken with the team and that an engineer visit has been arranged for you.

*Remember that someone of the age of 18+ would need to be in attendance for the full duration of the visit.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
peter1450
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

me here in south Bristol Mediguy, been running and

Same here in BS13 Mediguy, been running at less than 2 mbps for days now, no-one seems to give a *oss.............................now if only I could pay 2% of my monthly bill, absolute ripoff.

0 Kudos
Mediguy
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: me here in south Bristol Mediguy, been running and

Hi Pete1450,
Virgin engineer calling this afternoon, strangely checked download on Speedtest this morning and getting 65-70Mbs, typical, I'll let you know how I get on.
0 Kudos
Mediguy
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: me here in south Bristol Mediguy, been running and

Hi Pete1450,
Virgin have been and gone. I now have a shiny new Hub 3.0 router. Don't know if this was the cause of the problem, or just a goodwill gesture.
Download speed is 57Mbs, upload is 5Mbs, ping is 9ms, early evening, so probably a lot of traffic at the moment. So looks promising!! Time will tell as they say.
Cheers
0 Kudos