Menu
Paolo065640
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Big problems with the values of speed.

Good afternoon, I have a big problem. I asked a contract of 200 Mbps( Full House Gamer), because I use the Playstation 3 online.

So the maximun of Dowload, until now, under 40 Mbps in PS3. I have often Ping high, about 700ms (then Download and Upload very low) and my picture in PS3  goes slowly and sometime "laggen".

In the P.C. often I have Ping high and Dowload and Upload very low.

All these values effectuated by "Speedtest Ookla" and all saved in folder.

The technical and manager came in my flat 3 times and always I have these problems.

Some people of PS3 told me that isn't normal this condition. 

Now, I don't asked more nobody (technical or manager). 

I thinking, in serious consideration, to delete from  Virgin Media. What do you think it? Thanks for all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Big problems with the values of speed.

Hi there Paolo065640,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds and high pings.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

Are you able to complete a speed test through a wired connection on a PC/laptop and post your results please?

Do you notice this issue at all times of the day or at certain times?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dr_krippen
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paolo065640,

While I wouldn't rule out an issue with your VM service, I would also never rely on the Playstation Network for reliable indication of your internet connection. It is slow on any ISP in my experience (remember, it is a free service for most users, so investment in the network itself cannot be great. Xbox live, which you need to pay for, is much faster because the subscription fees are re-invested in it's network by Microsoft).

A ping value that high would indicate an issue upstream, or you are saturating your upstream bandwidth. That would slow everything else down as a result. Are you sharing the connection with anything/anyone else that may be doing the above?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also consider you don't need 200Mbs for gaming, you don't even need 10Mbs.

Gaming actually requires minimal bandwidth so you should look at packages/companies etc that have lower ping and are more stable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos