Menu
ChrisShaw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Beyond a joke

Evening peak-time speeds are so woeful along with continual buffering issues that VirginMedia's claims that they are providing me with a 100Mbps download rate are completely laughable.  If a service provider can't come close to managing the traffic on its network I can't see how they can levy the exorbitant charges that they do.

I for one will terminate this one-sided and immoral contract whenever I next get the opportunity.

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Beyond a joke

Everyone had the option to cancel (even if within contract) until 31st October due to the price rise which has taken effect this month, you could have cancelled but it's too late now.

0 Kudos
ChrisShaw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am aware of the right to cancel when the price hike was announced but it does not have any bearing on the key fact that VirginMedia has failed as a broadband provider to manage peak-time traffic flow and, consequently, I like many others suffer from major network 'over-utilisation' issues.  When a provider consistently fails to deliver a service for which they pay then it should be every users right to cancel at any point of their contract.  

Legally, VirginMedia may be able to hold us to the contracts we signed; morally they have no foot to stand on.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Businesses don't care for morals however, they care for profit margins. You had a chance to hit their profit margins and get a different provider in but you stayed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos