Menu
jakemcintyre
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Being throttled in the evening? some noticeable problems after adding superhub with virgin tv package

It's not fun sitting around 100-150 ping every night for the past week with problems for the last month of webpages deciding they either want to buffer and load or if i have to request the page to reload again to see the new page.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6156612445

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines] 

https://gyazo.com/a8ac9b991d7b6ec1fc0e72fb50344547 previous result for ping

0 Kudos
jakemcintyre
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being throttled in the evening? some noticeable problems after adding superhub with virgin tv package

Can edit but can't reply hmm.. I'm sure everyone is eager to go onto virgin media forums to look for ips to ddos..

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being throttled in the evening? some noticeable problems after adding superhub with virgin tv package

It takes about a week to get a reply from VM and everyone you bump your post you go to the back of the queue.

Just wanted to let you know.

0 Kudos
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes we have the same throttling problems and it's only been TWO YEARS still no fix see Urmston manchester post,

Would you put up with buying a car that the seller says "yes it will do 70 plus mph"  but you only ever get 0.5mph?

That's VM world...

Thanks Eric

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

its not throttling.

Would you put up with buying a car that the seller says "yes it will do 70 plus mph" but you only ever get 0.5mph?

that same car you buy that can do 70mph might do 0 if to many people use the same road at the same time. that is not thottling that is busy

0 Kudos
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Funny that the road is always busy from 4 pm -12 pm every evening like dead on with no variation  that's THROTTLING.

Any way back at work and we get from BT

Share Image

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

that is not a bt residential service. that will be a lease line at 85 upload. can't compare
0 Kudos
jakemcintyre
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is throttling. Having ping around 100+ stable for peak hours of 1-10pm and then having completely normal ping at 1am is 100% throttling and it only started happening once we incorporated the virgin media tv package with our broadband package the issue wasn't a thing in the past at all.

https://gyazo.com/b6e56a88cf7aab903b9059c0e1c52c87 you can't have stable high ping and not call it throttling if I was lagging my ping would be up and down why am I being routed through different servers, why is the same problem occurring at the same times everyday. It's not like I havent had multiple engineers come to my residence in the past, as a virgin media customer for over 8 years I would really like to be able to have a service where anytime an upgrade or such is done there aren't problems

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being throttled in the evening? some noticeable problems after adding superhub with virgin tv...

Hi jakemcintyre, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you having trouble wired, wirelessly or both? Pop the hub into Modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. Let us know if this makes a difference. 

It would also help to see a BQM so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing from your side. (Please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jakemcintyre
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being throttled in the evening? some noticeable problems after adding superhub with virgin tv...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/d31d7a97de4eb549fadfbde03d2ed48b.html

I'm wired connection and occurs on wireless and wired. Problem is consistent and usually normal ping occurs early hours of the morning and then repeats the following day

0 Kudos