Menu
wrightc1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Beckenham - BR3 paltry download speed

Everything was fine until a few weeks back. now I can only get 1-7mb download speed. Have tested wired connected etc.

Just had an upgrade to 100mps. No chance of getting that.

it is ok at 6am in the morning but in the evenings it is useless.

How do I cancel this!!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Beckenham - BR3 paltry download speed

Hi wrightc1

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds that you are experiencing in the evenings. I've run a few checks on your connection and I can see that there is currently a fault ticket raised for peak time contention under reference F003289196. If you are able to bump the thread a little closer to the review date which is estimated for 25/05/2016 we can certainly check for any updates on this ticket. Apologies for any inconvenience caused while we work to resolve this fault.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wrightc1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I don't understand why I was offered an upgrade when the area can not obviously provide the 100mb?

Will I receive a discount for this?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
wrightc1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello??

A man goes into a steak shop and orders a fillet steak. He is served a sirloin. The man would reasonably receive a discount as a sirloin steak is no way as tasty as a fillet steak.

You are serving me frying steak, not even sirloin steak. I am paying for fillet.

Discount?

andyward1983
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there an update to this issue? Seems there is a lot of noise from the community about dramatically reduced peak speeds in this area with no real commitment from VM to resolve the issue. Browsing the forum today I've noted at least 5 different ticket references but none appear to have been resolved. I am currently looking to leave BT but, for all of their faults, they are delivering on the broadband speeds that they advertise.
0 Kudos
wrightc1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi andy.

I just gave up using it at peak time. I am still getting 5meg when I pay for 200!

When I am out of contract I will ditch Virgin Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello wrightyc1,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems. I've just checked and I can see that your fault is being reviewed again on the 5th April. I know this is an on-going inconvenience, please accept my sincere apologies.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wrightc1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There are not many products where the service csn be downgraded but the price stays the same.
0 Kudos