Menu
Baz2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bearley pulling 10mb on vivid 200

Hi all been having an issue lately with my Internet speed. Upgraded to vivid 200 last month at first the speeds where great 200-215mb all the time, day, night, weekends.

But since around the beginning of this month my speeds are terrible struggling to hit 10-15mb most of the time. I've reset the router, checked all connections turned equipment off and on the usual stuff, still the same, my upload and ping are fine it's just the download speeds, frustrating when your trying to download Xbox one games and having to wait a day and half for them to finish downloading.

Is it possible that virgin is over utilised in my area? It's not even peak times when this is happening it's all the time.

I run a test through logging into VM it came back with an issue and said it should be fixed within 10 minutes, said the same yesterday night and morning too it still remains the same, very disappointed at the moment as it was amazing to start off with. Has anyone any suggestions anything I could try, dreading ringing the 150 number, never been any help in the past. Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Leewez1981
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bearley pulling 10mb on vivid 200

I'm getting the same problem , it used to be very quick but now it's absolutely shocking.
All I'm getting is download of 9.2mbps and upload of 3.7mbps.
I'd be better off with dialup internet .
0 Kudos
Thwaker
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Having Same issue - But it's been pretty much going on since the upgrade to Vivid 200 - Ive asked to go back to 150 as that was fine 97% of the time, but apparently you cant go back ...

Try the dslresports speedchecker as it shows bufferbloat which is whats killing my line, Bufferbloat relates to bad planning and engineering in VM's network...

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

I managed to improve my Cable to an average of 15Mbps (or 7.5% of advertised .... )by enabling AQM (Active Queue management) and CODEL on my router - which is worth trying if your using a good router and Modem mode...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Evening Baz2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds, I know how frustrating this can be.

I've run some tests on your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low.

Are you able to complete speed tests whilst the Hub is in modem mode please to see if the speeds differ? This will eliminate other devices connected.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos