Menu
3ulldog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BS11 Over utilization issue AGAIN!!!!

It would seem over utilization has raised its ugly head in the BS11 area for the 3rd time in as many years.

We have a 150mb line and get 1-4mb every night. Rang VM tonight to hear the dreaded ' I am sorry it is over utilization in your area and it could take upto a month to fix'.

How the hell can it be this? What did you use to fix it last time? Hamsters on a tread mill??

If VM cannot cope with the speeds it is giving out then stop upgrading until you do.

Not a happy bunny to say the least. What to do....... 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BS11 Over utilization issue AGAIN!!!!

Hey 3ulldog,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Really sorry to read about the problems in your area, I completely understand your frustrations. Checking your connection I can confirm the fault reference: F004175882 and the review date is 29th March. As you know this fault can affect peak time speeds so it's best to use an Ethernet cable where possible.

Please get back to us if you have any other questions and thanks again for your post.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
3ulldog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather

Thanks for the reply, but why is it taking so long to repair?

With all the problems this area has had in the past including bad press because of VM not looking after customers and it's own property, i thought getting this area sorted would have been some sort of priority for you guys.

Will we be getting some sort of credit back for this problem again?

It is a waste of time me ringing as i personally find it hard to understand the call center staff, not just because of the foreign accent but because i am partially deaf.

3ulldog

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello 3ulldog,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

These fault can take a little while to resolve due to the complexity of the work required. Often we will need to disturb public roads or path and before we can do this we need to gain permission from the relevant local authorities. Please note the date I provided is a review date, this isn't a guaranteed fix date, but we will know more about the fault when the ticket has been reviewed.

While this is on-going you're entitled to a partial bill reduction. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss this further.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos